Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lost...

Time is running out as beauty slowly vanishes like the sun setting on the sea
All that is left is the inner me and it is ugly and grotesque
It is the darkness that cannot be brought out into the light of day

The tears fall but they cannot quench my desert soul
I cry for what I've lost even though it was never really mine
I thought I could handle this…I thought I knew what I was doing

I've traveled down this road more times than I want to remember, it doesn't get easier
It always ends the same…me naked, emotionally battered, and running for my life
For a brief moment I thought that the catalyst might be the one I could run towards; I'm so stupid

I'm getting so fucking tired of chasing a dream that will never materialize
It wasn't true romance…it was gritty unabridged lust without limits or promises
Foolishly I forgot that sex isn't love, never has been and never will be
This is the one lesson that for some reason I will never learn

Now I see the truth…I am the cataclysmic event
I am the vacuum in space that sucks the life out of love
I am the hungry black hole that extinguishes hope forever

No comments:

Post a Comment